From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Kill metrics.config
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 11:44:30 GMT
Hi,

I’d like to propose that we kill the remnants of metrics.config entirely. This is a rarely
used feature of ATS, to produce some synthetic metrics. In general, these things are better
done in external monitoring tools.

As you know, I already removed most of the metrics from the metrics.config, and the few that
are left, I can easily write in C++. What we’ll miss out is the flexibility for operators
to create new metrics from the existing ATS metrics (but see above).

If there are no strong arguments for removing metrics.config, i’d like to kill metrics.config
for v8.0.0.

Thanks,

— leif