From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Replace LuaJIT configurations with YAML
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 11:47:12 GMT
Hi,

I’d like to propose that we eliminate the existing LuaJIT configurations with a simple YAML
format. This would be the first step towards a unified configuration format, and I think we
have to admit defeat on Lua, and do something simpler and more normal for both developers
and users.

There are only 2 (or 3) configurations using the LuaJIT configurations:

	logging.config
	sni.config

But, also see my other proposal of killing metrics.config, which is currently in LuaJIT as
well.

If we agree to this, we’ll remove LuaJIT as a first class citizen from ATS v8.0.0. For the
ts-lua plugin, we’ll continue to support this (of course), but it will require an externally
provided LuaJIT distribution. We already have the —with-luajit configure option, and we’ll
expand on that to auto-detect system level LuaJIT availability.

If there are no strong arguments against this proposal, I’d like to get this change done
for ATS v8.0.0.

Thanks,

— Leif