From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Eliminate most of the proxy.node metrics
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 20:53:04 GMT
In an effort to clean things up, I’d like to remove a lot of the metrics that are calculated
via metrics.config. There are three categories that I’m eliminating:

1) Those which are purely copying from the corresponding proxy.process metric.

2) The _avg_ and _10s metrics

3) The ratios metrics.

I feel that #1 is a slam dunk to remove, and #2 and #3 I feel pretty strongly belong in a
monitoring software / tool, to better calculate changes and ratios.

I’ve prepared a PR with the changes:

	https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3567

The full list of removed metrics are listed in a comment there.

Cheers,

— leif