From "Steven R. Feltner" <sfelt...@godaddy.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Eliminate most of the proxy.node metrics
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 11:13:40 GMT
+1 - Agree that other external tools are better suited for collecting and calculating these
metrics.

Thanks,
Steven

On 5/3/18, 4:53 PM, "Leif Hedstrom" <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

    In an effort to clean things up, I’d like to remove a lot of the metrics that are calculated
via metrics.config. There are three categories that I’m eliminating:

    1) Those which are purely copying from the corresponding proxy.process metric.

    2) The _avg_ and _10s metrics

    3) The ratios metrics.

    I feel that #1 is a slam dunk to remove, and #2 and #3 I feel pretty strongly belong in
a monitoring software / tool, to better calculate changes and ratios.

    I’ve prepared a PR with the changes:

    	https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3567

    The full list of removed metrics are listed in a comment there.

    Cheers,

    — leif