From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Kill traffic_cop for ATS v8.0.0
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 11:28:21 GMT
Hi all,

I’d like to propose that we kill off traffic_cop for ATS v8.0.0. The consensus is that there
are better system level tools to manage health checks out of band like it does. Doing this
would require

	* Removing the synthetic health check thread from traffic_manager
	* Removing the backdoor in traffic_server
	* Modifying the init / systemd scripts to start traffic_manager directly

Susan has volunteered to do this work, as long as there are no strong arguments for keeping
traffic_cop.

Thanks,

— Leif