From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Replace LuaJIT configurations with YAML
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 08:01:07 GMT
+1

-Bryan

> On May 7, 2018, at 12:47 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’d like to propose that we eliminate the existing LuaJIT configurations with a simple
YAML format. This would be the first step towards a unified configuration format, and I think
we have to admit defeat on Lua, and do something simpler and more normal for both developers
and users.

> There are only 2 (or 3) configurations using the LuaJIT configurations:
>
> 	logging.config
> 	sni.config
>

> But, also see my other proposal of killing metrics.config, which is currently in LuaJIT
as well.

> If we agree to this, we’ll remove LuaJIT as a first class citizen from ATS v8.0.0.
For the ts-lua plugin, we’ll continue to support this (of course), but it will require an
externally provided LuaJIT distribution. We already have the —with-luajit configure option,
and we’ll expand on that to auto-detect system level LuaJIT availability.