On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 5:47 AM Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

I’d like to propose that we eliminate the existing LuaJIT configurations with a simple YAML format. This would be the first step towards a unified configuration format, and I think we have to admit defeat on Lua, and do something simpler and more normal for both developers and users.

+1. Keep it for plugins, (remap especially) but for config it seems overkill.

There are only 2 (or 3) configurations using the LuaJIT configurations:

        logging.config
        sni.config

But, also see my other proposal of killing metrics.config, which is currently in LuaJIT as well.

If we agree to this, we’ll remove LuaJIT as a first class citizen from ATS v8.0.0. For the ts-lua plugin, we’ll continue to support this (of course), but it will require an externally provided LuaJIT distribution. We already have the —with-luajit configure option, and we’ll expand on that to auto-detect system level LuaJIT availability.

If there are no strong arguments against this proposal, I’d like to get this change done for ATS v8.0.0.

Thanks,

— Leif