From "Zelkowitz, Evan" <Evan_Zelkow...@comcast.com>
Subject Re: How can I set partial value of a query parameter into cache key?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2018 00:57:20 GMT
?Have you tried using the --include-params to set the params you want included in the key?
Then you may have to add a --static-prefix=   (empty space to wipe out the prefix) and --remote-path=true
to also remove the path, hopefully just leaving you with the params you want as the key.
You can enable the xdebug plugin and do curls with -H 'X-Debug: X-Cache-Key', to test and
see how they turn out

________________________________
From: Brian Geffon <briangeffon@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 5:35 PM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: How can I set partial value of a query parameter into cache key?

If you don't mind coding you can write a C plugin that uses: TSCacheUrlSet: https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/developer-guide/cache-architecture/api-functions.en.html.
Or you can also write a C++ plugin that uses Transaction.setCacheUrl():  https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/blob/master/lib/cppapi/include/atscppapi/Transaction.h#L272

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 4:24 PM Chillin Gong <gongchunlin@gmail.com<mailto:gongchunlin@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I see. Thanks Jeremy! Will have a try to evaluate it later.

Besides this option, does anyone has any other options?

Regards,
Chunlin Gong

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 4:13 PM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com<mailto:jp557198@gmail.com>>
wrote:
i dont know if there is a cache url lua script already written.. but
if not, just follow examples in the below to write your own.

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/plugins/ts_lua.en.html

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Chillin Gong <gongchunlin@gmail.com<mailto:gongchunlin@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Thanks for the reply! Do you mean there are some lua scripts that implement
> the cache key feature, and they can be hooked into traffic server with lua
> plugin? Do you have a sample lua script for it?
>

> Regards,
> Chunlin
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com<mailto:jp557198@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> If you're open, you'll find what you're looking for in the lua plugin.
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM, Chillin Gong <gongchunlin@gmail.com<mailto:gongchunlin@gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am a new user of traffic server. Recently I am trying to migrate a
>> > product
>> > from ATS5 to latest ATS7. In ATS5, we use the cache feature, and use the
>> > cacheurl plugin and regular expressions to extract partial value of a
>> > query
>> > parameter to comprise the cache key. However, I didn't find
>> > corresponding
>> > feature in ATS7 cachekey plugin to get partial value of a query
>> > parameter.
>> >
>> > For example, our request url is something like
In ATS5, we
>> > can
as our cache key.