From "Dunkin, Nick" <Nick.Dun...@ccur.com>
Subject Help understanding a connection error log meaning
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:48:47 GMT
Good morning,

I’m running some load tests and I’m seeing the following in the error.log.

20180615.09h25m11s RESPONSE: sent xx.xx.xx.xx status 502 (Connect Error <Success/0>)
for 'http://MyServer:80/MyPath'

(I’ve removed my IP address and path from the above log entry, but that shouldn’t matter
for this question.)

I’d like to understand the meaning of Connect Error <Success/0>.  Specifically the
Success/0 bit.

Looking in the code I see the following (in HttpTransact.cc):

snprintf(reason_buffer, buf_len, "Connect Error <%s/%d>", get_error_string(s->cause_of_death_errno),
s->cause_of_death_errno);

(where s is of type State*)
So, cause_of_death_errno is clearly 0.  I’d like to understand what this means, can anyone
direct me to some documentation or code?

This if 7.0.0

I’m sure this is a legitimate issue with my Origin, not Traffic Server and I’d just understand
more about the error condition.

Many thanks,

Nick

Nick Dunkin
Principal Engineer
o:   678.258.4071
e:   Nick.Dunkin@curr.com<mailto:Nick.Dunkin@ccur.com>
4375 River Green Pkwy # 100, Duluth, GA 30096, USA
[/Users/nickd/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_851612530]