From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] HTTP Metrics Overhaul
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:44:48 GMT
The proxy.process.https stats (only 2 stats) should also be considered when overhauling the
stats.  They are really TLS or non-TLS stats and not tied to the scheme.  I recommend breaking
up TLS and non-TLS metric and calling them proxy.process.ssl. and proxy.process.non-ssl.

Another option to build a hierarchy of stats and have it be proxy.process.encryption.http_version.scheme
(e.g. proxy.process.{ssl,non-ssl}.{http1,http2}.{http,https}). Where scheme I don’t see
being used very much or at all, so it would only be mainly encryption and http_version.  For
http2 encryption would always be ssl.

Also, I would be for modernizing the stats and configuration and calling everything tls instead
of ssl.

-Bryan