From Shu Kit Chan <chanshu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure ATS to support X-Cache-Tags header?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 07:38:24 GMT
I think as long as you allowed it in ip_allow.config properly, "BAN" method
works.

I think last time the community discussed about this feature, the
conclusion is that you can probably achieve similar effect with the
regex_revalidate plugin -
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/regex_revalidate.en.html
or the purge remap plugin -
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/remap_purge.en.html

I think you should be able to implement the mechanism you mentioned using
lua. Although i am not too sure why you want to update cache.config. Since
i thought the "ban" is just to invalidate the cache entry once and not
indefinitely.

Thanks

kit