From Vasanth Mathivanan <vasant...@evolutiondigital.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Failover Scenario in Trafficserver
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 15:43:54 GMT
Ok thanks for your response fieck , Brennan and susan,  I will try router configuration or
load balancer method .

_Vasanth

From: Fieck, Brennan<mailto:Brennan_Fieck@comcast.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:05 PM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Failover Scenario in Trafficserver

If you mean "Is this possible within the scope of Trafficserver's configuration" then the
answer is "not really". Best I can think of is sitting another cache in front of those two
as parents and using it to do the failover. But that doesn't make sense because it still brings
you back to a single Trafficserver point of failure.

If you mean "Is this possible at all" sure it's possible, but what you're talking about is
a Content Delivery System that routes users to caches based on the health of the cache servers.
So whatever you build would be re-inventing Traffic Control.