From Phillip Moore <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: ATS 7.1 graceful shutdown - client connections
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 16:49:53 GMT
We have a tool that we use to take nodes in and out of service. Basically
it either creates or removes a server_enabled file. This causes our L4 load
balancer to remove the ATS node from its pool.  In addition to facilitate
draining in ATS header_rewrite plugin config we have this:

# close keepalive sessions if server is disabled
cond %{SEND_RESPONSE_HDR_HOOK}
cond %{ACCESS:/path/to/server_enabled}    [NOT,OR]
set-header Connection "close"

Caveat is this doesn't work with HTTP/2 I'm told, but we don't do that so
this works nicely for us. I can't take credit for the header_rewrite trick,
I believe it came from Yahoo.

--
Phillip