From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS act as S3 endpoint?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:22:51 GMT
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 9:03 AM Jin <jin@tower-research.com> wrote:

> I am thinking to build something like this:
>
> clients -> ats server  -> s3 (ceph, aws...)
>
> By doing this, users do not need to change existing code to use ats as
> proxy. Instead, ats becomes an S3 endpoint.
>
> I have a working ats setup that clients may utilize ats as proxy to access
> s3 store.
>
> curl -vx ats-server.corp.com http://s3-store.corp.com/bucket/object

A few thoughts:
- I think curl assumes port 1080 if you don't specify one with -x. So,
if ats-server.corp.com is running on port 80, you'd need
curl -vx ats-server.corp.com:80 http://s3-store.corp.com/bucket/object
- Is your Amazon bucket public? If not, you'll want the s3 plugin --
and if you have multiple buckets with different keys, you'll need
different remaps for each to configure those secrets.
- s3 will want the Host: header to be s3.amazonaws... so, need to
check/override the
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr
if it's not the default.

Seems like your remap rules would look like
map http://s3-store.corp.com/private/bucket
http://s3.amazonaws.com/private/bucket \
  @plugin=s3_auth.so @pparam=--config @pparam= ...

map http://s3-store.corp.com/public/bucket