From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I see miss ratio?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 16:42:19 GMT
You can zero a metric while running ATS by running this command:
sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric zero proxy.process.http.completed_requests

Or you can shutdown ATS and remove the metrics file:
09:37:25 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
proxy.process.http.completed_requests 1000000
09:39:25 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver stop
Stopping traffic_manager:                                  [  OK  ]
Stopping traffic_server:                                   [  OK  ]
09:39:36 homer:~$ sudo rm /usr/local/var/trafficserver/records.snap
09:40:08 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver start
Starting Apache Traffic Server:                            [  OK  ]
09:40:23 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
proxy.process.http.completed_requests 0

-Bryan

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 10:34 PM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bryan,
>     How can I reset the statistics? I have tried traffic_server -Cclear and delete everything
under var/log and var/trafficserver, but it seems the statistics is not reset. Thank you!

> Best,
> Jason
>

>> On Mar 11, 2019, at 12:07, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org <mailto:bcall@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> It depends on what you mean as a miss.  If you mean that it has to go to the origin
no matter what (even revalidating the cache entry) then it should be 100 - fresh.

>> Also, if you hit "a" you can get the stats from since the server started and you
can get the number of incoming requests and requests going go the origin.