From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I see miss ratio?
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 21:29:35 GMT
It takes a few seconds for the stats to sync when using zero.  I tried clear and it didn’t
work for me and I filed an issue on it yesterday.

Again, you have to wait a few seconds for traffic_server to startup and sync the stats before
running traffic_top.

Stats are synced every 5 seconds by default.

-Bryan

> On Mar 19, 2019, at 3:11 PM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bryan,
>     Thank you for your quick reply! I have tried both approaches you have propose.
> using traffic_ctl to zero the stat, but it does not have any effect, I tried to zero
several statistics, then I get the value, it is still there. I have also tried traffic_ctl
metric clear, it does not working either.

> As for removing records.snap,
> it gives me "Error getting stat: proxy.process.http.100_responses when calling TSRecordGetInt()
failed: file "traffic_top/stats.h", line 281”
> sometimes the error disappears if I rerun traffic_top, but sometimes it will always give
this error.
> Any thoughts why?
>

> Best,
> Jason
>

>> On Mar 19, 2019, at 12:42, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org <mailto:bcall@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> You can zero a metric while running ATS by running this command:
>> sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric zero proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>>
>> Or you can shutdown ATS and remove the metrics file:
>> 09:37:25 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>> proxy.process.http.completed_requests 1000000
>> 09:39:25 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver stop
>> Stopping traffic_manager:                                  [  OK  ]
>> Stopping traffic_server:                                   [  OK  ]
>> 09:39:36 homer:~$ sudo rm /usr/local/var/trafficserver/records.snap
>> 09:40:08 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver start
>> Starting Apache Traffic Server:                            [  OK  ]
>> 09:40:23 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>> proxy.process.http.completed_requests 0
>>
>> -Bryan
>>

>>> On Mar 18, 2019, at 10:34 PM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com <mailto:peter.waynechina@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Bryan,
>>>     How can I reset the statistics? I have tried traffic_server -Cclear and delete
everything under var/log and var/trafficserver, but it seems the statistics is not reset.
Thank you!

>>> Best,
>>> Jason

the origin no matter what (even revalidating the cache entry) then it should be 100 - fresh.

and you can get the number of incoming requests and requests going go the origin.