From Jason Yang <peter.waynech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I see miss ratio?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 22:11:09 GMT
Hi Bryan,
    Thank you for your quick reply! I have tried both approaches you have propose.
using traffic_ctl to zero the stat, but it does not have any effect, I tried to zero several
statistics, then I get the value, it is still there. I have also tried traffic_ctl metric
clear, it does not working either.

As for removing records.snap,
it gives me "Error getting stat: proxy.process.http.100_responses when calling TSRecordGetInt()
failed: file "traffic_top/stats.h", line 281”
sometimes the error disappears if I rerun traffic_top, but sometimes it will always give this
error.
Any thoughts why?

Best,
Jason

> On Mar 19, 2019, at 12:42, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>
> You can zero a metric while running ATS by running this command:
> sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric zero proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>
> Or you can shutdown ATS and remove the metrics file:
> 09:37:25 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
> proxy.process.http.completed_requests 1000000
> 09:39:25 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver stop
> Stopping traffic_manager:                                  [  OK  ]
> Stopping traffic_server:                                   [  OK  ]
> 09:39:36 homer:~$ sudo rm /usr/local/var/trafficserver/records.snap
> 09:40:08 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver start
> Starting Apache Traffic Server:                            [  OK  ]
> 09:40:23 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
> proxy.process.http.completed_requests 0
>
> -Bryan
>

>> On Mar 18, 2019, at 10:34 PM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com <mailto:peter.waynechina@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Bryan,
>>     How can I reset the statistics? I have tried traffic_server -Cclear and delete
everything under var/log and var/trafficserver, but it seems the statistics is not reset.
Thank you!

>> Best,
>> Jason
>>

>>> On Mar 11, 2019, at 12:07, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org <mailto:bcall@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> It depends on what you mean as a miss.  If you mean that it has to go to the
origin no matter what (even revalidating the cache entry) then it should be 100 - fresh.

>>> Also, if you hit "a" you can get the stats from since the server started and
you can get the number of incoming requests and requests going go the origin.