From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I see miss ratio?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:05:42 GMT
Fresh is both RAM and disk.  To get the RAM cache ratio it is traffic_top also.

The colors are kinda arbitrary.  I "borrowed" the idea from dstat.

For percentages:
100 - 90  -> red
90 - 80  -> yellow
50 - 80 -> blue
0 - 50 -> geen

For numbers:
Trillion -> red
Billion -> red
Million -> yellow
Thousand -> cyan (should be blue)
<= 1000 -> green

There is a bug in the timing information.

-Bryan

> On Mar 12, 2019, at 12:16 PM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bryan and community,
>     Thank you for your reply! Does the fresh indicates disk hits or both ram+disk hits?

> And also a few other questions,
> 	What does the different colors mean in the output?
> 	What does Fresh(ms) mean, the sentence on the documentation site does not make sense
to me (it says the average loop up time for fresh cache serving), but I am seeing a value
of 400k, I don’t think each lookup takes 400k ms.

> Thank you!
> Jason
>

>> On Mar 11, 2019, at 12:07, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org <mailto:bcall@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> It depends on what you mean as a miss.  If you mean that it has to go to the origin
no matter what (even revalidating the cache entry) then it should be 100 - fresh.

>> Also, if you hit "a" you can get the stats from since the server started and you
can get the number of incoming requests and requests going go the origin.