From Jason Yang <peter.waynech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I see miss ratio?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 01:34:10 GMT
Great, it works! Thank you! You are amazing :)

Jason

> On Mar 20, 2019, at 17:29, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>
> It takes a few seconds for the stats to sync when using zero.  I tried clear and it didn’t
work for me and I filed an issue on it yesterday.

> Again, you have to wait a few seconds for traffic_server to startup and sync the stats
before running traffic_top.

> Stats are synced every 5 seconds by default.
>
> -Bryan
>

>> On Mar 19, 2019, at 3:11 PM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com <mailto:peter.waynechina@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Bryan,
>>     Thank you for your quick reply! I have tried both approaches you have propose.

>> using traffic_ctl to zero the stat, but it does not have any effect, I tried to zero
several statistics, then I get the value, it is still there. I have also tried traffic_ctl
metric clear, it does not working either.

>> As for removing records.snap,
>> it gives me "Error getting stat: proxy.process.http.100_responses when calling TSRecordGetInt()
failed: file "traffic_top/stats.h", line 281”
>> sometimes the error disappears if I rerun traffic_top, but sometimes it will always
give this error.
>> Any thoughts why?
>>

>> Best,
>> Jason
>>

>>> On Mar 19, 2019, at 12:42, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org <mailto:bcall@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> You can zero a metric while running ATS by running this command:
>>> sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric zero proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>>>
>>> Or you can shutdown ATS and remove the metrics file:
>>> 09:37:25 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>>> proxy.process.http.completed_requests 1000000
>>> 09:39:25 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver stop
>>> Stopping traffic_manager:                                  [  OK  ]
>>> Stopping traffic_server:                                   [  OK  ]
>>> 09:39:36 homer:~$ sudo rm /usr/local/var/trafficserver/records.snap
>>> 09:40:08 homer:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/trafficserver start
>>> Starting Apache Traffic Server:                            [  OK  ]
>>> 09:40:23 homer:~$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl metric get proxy.process.http.completed_requests
>>> proxy.process.http.completed_requests 0
>>>
>>> -Bryan

delete everything under var/log and var/trafficserver, but it seems the statistics is not
reset. Thank you!

to the origin no matter what (even revalidating the cache entry) then it should be 100 - fresh.

and you can get the number of incoming requests and requests going go the origin.

of the number shows miss ratio?