From Shu Kit Chan <chanshu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ts_lua error after using ts.add_package_path
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 21:37:38 GMT
Try not to call "add_package_path" / "add_package_cpath" inside the
lua module .
Call them in the same lua file containing the do_remap() function and
see if your problem is solved.

Kit

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 1:23 PM Eric Chaves <eric@uolet.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> This may be a little off-topic. Not sure if questions regarding lua plugins/lua scripts
should be asked here in the list. If so forgive me and please point me the proper place to
ask.

> I'm trying to learn TS lua script's. At first I just followed the sample code for reverse
host header presented in the lua_plugin docs by writing a module named my_module.lua required
inside a do_remap() with the following content:

> local my_module = {}
> function my_module.send_response()
>   ts.debug('executing my_module.send_response')
>   ts.client_response.header['Rhost'] = ts.ctx['rhost']
>   return 0
> end
> return my_module
>
> This works fine and after that I tried to add some code to connect into a local redis
instance using libs installed by luarocks (eg.: luarocks install --tree /opt/ats/lua_modules
luasocket)

>  I found some scripts at github that uses the ts.add_package_path to include the new
modules and based on them I added those two lines at the top of my_module.lua:

> ts.add_package_path('/opt/ats/lua_modules/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;/opt/ats/lua_modules/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua')
> ts.add_package_cpath('/opt/ats/lua_modules/share/lua/5.1/?.so')
>
> By doing so, even without actually requiring any new module (ie no other changes in my_module
logic) when my do_remap tries require my_module, I got an error: ERROR: [ts_lua] lua_pcall
failed: /opt/ats/lua-plugins/my_module.lua:6: can't get the instance conf

> So it's clear that I'm breaking something using the ts.add_package_path. I've also tried
to mangle with package.path variable with the same outcome.