From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@verizonmedia.com>
Subject Re: No traffic.out file
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 20:46:48 GMT
It's a bit obscure. The log messages are actually always sent to stdout.
Usually this is the console, but command arguments can cause traffic_server
to reset stdout (file descriptor 1) to a file (normally traffic.out). These
are the `--bind_stdout` and `--bind_stderr` command line options (which,
sadly, are not documented. Should fix that...). If you want to see them
being used, use `trafficserver start` and then use "ps aux" to look at the
command line for "traffic_server" - you should see them there.