From John Rushford <jjrushf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] YAML migration for 9.0.0
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:45:53 GMT
I'm +1 but with that said, there are 3 configs that use the
proxy/ControlMatcher, hosting.config, parent.config, and splitdns.config.
I worked on a PR for parent.config,
https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/4857,
and made changes to the ControlMatcher to parse YAML for the
parent.config.  The change looks at the filename and only uses the YAML
parser if the filename ends in .yaml otherwise it parses using the current
format.
This change let me add support for parsing the parent.config without having
to convert hosting.config and splitdns.config at the same time.  I went
this way thinking that once all the users of the ControlMatcher had been
converted,
the old format could then be removed and a single massive PR would not be
needed for converting all 3 config files.

--
John Rushford
jjrushford@gmail.com