From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Detecting Parent "Go_Direct" Condition from Header Rewrite or Lua HOOKs
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 16:45:04 GMT
If go_direct is doing the right thing, I think you could just have
your remap switch to https, then have the parent.config scheme be
https. eg
remap.config:
maps http://inbound.example.com https://origin.example.com
parent.config:
dest_domain=origin.example.com scheme=https parent="p1.x.com:443,
p2.x.com:443, p3.x.com:443" go_direct=true

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Hongfei Zhang -X (hongfezh - TRITON UK
BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
<hongfezh@cisco.com> wrote:

> Dear Community,
>

> In one of our deployments, we used two tiered caches and needed to access origin using
https. We used header rewrite in mid cache for https origin access (e.g. set-destination SCHEM
https, etc), while kept edge to mid in http.

> We also would like to to enable go_direct at the edge such that when the mids are down,
edge can go to origin directly. The go direct functionality appeared to do the right thing
except not able to switch to https. We are thinking of doing a header rewrite or lua script
to conditionally set the sheme to https but can’t figure out how to check whether the edge
is go_direct.