From Jason Yang <peter.waynech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to config the raw disk?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 19:39:39 GMT
Hi Alan,
    Thank you for your quick response! It is helpful! I did "udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=block”
using root, which seems doesn’t work, so I did it again using user ubuntu, now it is working!
Thank you!

But I have another question, is there anyway to have ATS store content in the RAM for a while
before writing to disk?
Because my origin sends some content, then there is some chance this content may be changed
within a few seconds (origin will push again), if I can store the content in the RAM for while,
it can potentially save some disk reads/writes.

Best,
Jason

On Mar 4, 2019, 11:53 -0500, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@verizonmedia.com>, wrote:
> 1) Did you do an `ls -l /dev/nvme*` to verify the permissions are what you think you
set in the udev file?
> 2) Does group "ubuntu" have write permission?
> 3) Did you set the process group for `traffic_server` to be "ubuntu"? See https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#proxy-config-admin-user-id
- the primary group of the user ID will be used as the effective group ID of `traffic_server`.

> > On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:59 AM Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I am trying to setup ATS 8.0.2 on AWS EC2 using m5d instance (with local disk)
> > >
> > > I am running traffic server using user ubuntu and the instance has disk like
following
> > > nvme0n1 259:0 0 279.4G 0 disk
> > > nvme1n1 259:1 0 279.4G 0 disk
> > > nvme2n1 259:2 0 8G 0 disk
> > > └─nvme2n1p1 259:3 0 8G 0 part /
> > >
> > > I added the following lines to /etc/udev/rules.d/51-cache-disk.rules
> > >  SUBSYSTEM==block, KERNEL==nvme[0123456789], GROUP:=ubuntu
> > >  SUBSYSTEM==block, KERNEL==nvme[0123456789]n1, GROUP:=ubuntu
> > >
> > > and my storage.config
> > >  /dev/nvme0n1 label=cache.disk.0
> > >  /dev/nvme1n1 label=cache.disk.1
> > >
> > > But it seems it is not working and I am getting "WARNING: unable to open '/dev/nvme0n1':
Permission denied”.