From "Fieck, Brennan" <Brennan_Fi...@comcast.com>
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] How to skip test when building TS
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:56:38 GMT
As part of the Apache Traffic Control project I helped to make a container that runs ATS and
the way it was recommended to me by the community at the time was to call `trafficserver`
to interact with the daemon. (proof:

https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/blob/master/infrastructure/cdn-in-a-box/ort/traffic_ops_ort/services.py#L244)<https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/blob/master/infrastructure/cdn-in-a-box/ort/traffic_ops_ort/services.py#L244>

it's my understanding that the `traffic_server` binary is not intended to be called directly
from a command line. You should use the Bash script.

________________________________
From: Guofeng Zhang <guofengzh@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:11 PM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] How to skip test when building TS

Hi,

I successfully build TS 8.0.3. Is there any way to skip the tests when building the sources?

There are executables 'trafficserver' and 'traffic_server'. What are the difference? I think
trafficserver is running as daemon and traffic_server is running as console process. So to
run TS in a container, I should use 'traffic_server' as the command, right?

Thanks for your help.

Guofeng