From "Fieck, Brennan" <Brennan_Fi...@comcast.com>
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to skip test when building TS
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:56:41 GMT
The script runs it in the foreground.

Essentially, we set the container's CMD to `/run.sh` and ADD a local script named `run.sh`
to the root of the container's filesystem. So, in that script you'd do something like:

   trafficserver start
   exec tail -f /var/log/trafficserver/diags.log

that last line ensures that the ATS diagnostic logs are output from the container.

________________________________
From: Guofeng Zhang <guofengzh@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:55 PM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to skip test when building TS

That's my fault.I do not notice that I called 'make check' in my build script. Got it.

@Bryan

For the container usage, I think I should not change the config of a running TS server run
in a container. So it is safe to call traffic_server when running TS in a contaner, right?

@Fieck

I cannot understand the python script. If I call 'trafficeserver', i need it to run in the
foreground in a container. I do not know how the script accomplishes it.

Thanks all of you!

Guofeng

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 6:36 AM Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org<mailto:bcall@apache.org>>