From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to skip test when building TS
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:36:44 GMT
There shouldn’t be anything triggering it unless you are running make test or make check.
 Maybe the Makefile got modified and was running the test or check target after all.

There are also regression tests that are built into the traffic_server binary and those are
run with traffic_server -R 1, but it doesn’t sound like you are talking about the regression
tests.

-Bryan

> On Apr 18, 2019, at 9:50 AM, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think I had the problem too.
> There was a few times, ATS always ran tests during/after make. I don’t know why, but
the problem disappeared for me mysteriously after that. So I guess there might be something
triggering this?

> Jason
>

>> On Apr 18, 2019, at 12:47, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Apr 18, 2019, at 10:35 AM, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The tests shouldn’t run by default when you do a make or make all.   They only
run if you run make test or make check.

>> Yeh.
>>
>> Maybe he’s asking how to not build the tests that are in traffic_server? There’s
a config option for that, e.g.

>> 	% ./configure --disable-tests
>>

>> That just removes the code from the binary, making it a tiny bit smaller (I don’t
know if many people bothers with this :).