From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TS on the private network without internet connection?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2019 09:55:27 GMT
For an analysis project, I
- wrote a tiny echo server -- all it needs to do in your case is
return 404 and run it on your ATS machine
- made a match-all rule that uses your echo server as the origin. For
instance, if your echo server is running on port 8001:
map / http://127.0.0.1:8001/

I'd think you'd want Pristine Host header to make the cache key the
same as the inbound request host.

miles

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 9:01 PM Guofeng Zhang <guofengzh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to provide a way for our machines on a private network to download software somewhere.
This private network has no internet connection. I think this is can be easily accomplished
by using TS as a forward proxy server on the private network.

> I can fill the TS's cache by running a script on another machine that has internet connection
to download and cache software by a TS, then copy the TS's cache directory (which is configured
by storage.config) to the TS on the private network.

> I need the TS on the private network to return objects if they are hit, or return 404
(Not Found) if they are missed, and the TS should not try to connect to original servers in
any case.

> By reading the docs, I cannot know how to configure TS on the private network. I think
I can configure it like: