From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinuko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove the email feature from Alarms (proxy.config.alarm_email) and cleanup
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 02:12:46 GMT
+1

> On May 9, 2019, at 7:11 PM, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>
>> On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 3:23 PM Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’d like to propose that we eliminate the “email” feature out of Alarms. I
think this is misguided, and in reality, could be wrapped into a script if someone really,
really wanted to send emails.  We would remove proxy.config.alarm_email, but keep the other
alarm configurations.

>> In addition, I’ll cleanup the alarms, there’s a number of the existing alarms
that are no longer relevant or supported. Such as, all the alarms around cache clustering.
Possibly we should add more, it’s a potentially useful feature to have a mechanism for ATS
to signal / alert on internal issues outside of just logging. I think …