From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Remove proxy.config.http.cache.vary_default_*
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 22:25:57 GMT
Hi all,

I’d like to propose that we remove these configurations (and code):

	proxy.config.http.cache.vary_default_text
	proxy.config.http.cache.vary_default_images
	proxy.config.http.cache.vary_default_other

First, I think it’s generally misguided to do this on the cache, it belongs on the origin.
Secondly, Vary is a disaster, which hopefully gets addressed in the HTTP IETF WG, with Variants.
Third, if you really, really want to hang yourself like this, I think you can easily do it
with e.g. a header_rewrite configuration.

Thoughts?

— leif