From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TS on the private network without internet connection?
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 16:12:32 GMT

Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 16:07:46 GMT

Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 16:09:55 GMT

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Not In Cache</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black">
<H1>Not In Cache</H1>
<HR>

<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
the document is not present in cache.  As requested, the transaction
is being terminated.
</B></FONT>
<HR>
</BODY>

Here is an example of a cacheable response:
09:10:17 homer:~$ curl -D - http://127.0.0.1:8080/200_cache.php
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 16:06:48 GMT
Server: ATS/9.0.0
Age: 219
Connection: keep-alive

xxx
09:10:27 homer:~$ curl -D - -H 'Cache-Control: only-if-cached'  http://127.0.0.1:8080/200_cache.php
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 16:06:48 GMT
Server: ATS/9.0.0
Age: 221
Connection: keep-alive

xxx

-Bryan

> On Apr 23, 2019, at 6:01 AM, Guofeng Zhang <guofengzh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I need to provide a way for our machines on a private network to download software somewhere.
This private network has no internet connection. I think this is can be easily accomplished
by using TS as a forward proxy server on the private network.

> I can fill the TS's cache by running a script on another machine that has internet connection
to download and cache software by a TS, then copy the TS's cache directory (which is configured
by storage.config) to the TS on the private network.

> I need the TS on the private network to return objects if they are hit, or return 404
(Not Found) if they are missed, and the TS should not try to connect to original servers in
any case.

> By reading the docs, I cannot know how to configure TS on the private network. I think
I can configure it like: