From "Steven R. Feltner" <sfelt...@godaddy.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove the email feature from Alarms (proxy.config.alarm_email) and cleanup
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 11:52:45 GMT
+1

On 5/9/19, 6:24 PM, "Leif Hedstrom" <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

    Notice: This email is from an external sender.

    Hi all,

    I’d like to propose that we eliminate the “email” feature out of Alarms. I think
this is misguided, and in reality, could be wrapped into a script if someone really, really
wanted to send emails.  We would remove proxy.config.alarm_email, but keep the other alarm
configurations.

    In addition, I’ll cleanup the alarms, there’s a number of the existing alarms that
are no longer relevant or supported. Such as, all the alarms around cache clustering. Possibly
we should add more, it’s a potentially useful feature to have a mechanism for ATS to signal
/ alert on internal issues outside of just logging. I think …

    Thanks,

    — leif

    P.s
    In case you didn’t know (and this is not awesomely documented), the following alarms
can trigger:

    #define REC_SIGNAL_MACHINE_UP 1
    #define REC_SIGNAL_MACHINE_DOWN 2
    #define REC_SIGNAL_CONFIG_ERROR 3