From Shu Kit Chan <chanshu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove the email feature from Alarms (proxy.config.alarm_email) and cleanup
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 02:11:22 GMT
+1

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 3:23 PM Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’d like to propose that we eliminate the “email” feature out of Alarms. I think
this is misguided, and in reality, could be wrapped into a script if someone really, really
wanted to send emails.  We would remove proxy.config.alarm_email, but keep the other alarm
configurations.

> In addition, I’ll cleanup the alarms, there’s a number of the existing alarms that
are no longer relevant or supported. Such as, all the alarms around cache clustering. Possibly
we should add more, it’s a potentially useful feature to have a mechanism for ATS to signal
/ alert on internal issues outside of just logging. I think …