From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move from the IRC to Slack
Date Sun, 12 May 2019 05:32:49 GMT
Note that this is the ASF workspace, not just ATS. Automating account creations here seems
like a bad idea, but I guess you can run it by the ASF infra ops. My guess would be that they
say no :-).

Cheers,

— Leif

> On May 11, 2019, at 23:26, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On May 12, 2019, at 4:57 AM, Evan Zelkowitz <eze@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Though it would be nice if there was an easier way to get new people
>> in rather than having to manually invite them. My only worry is people
>> who just want to ask a question dont have an easy way to be able to
>> get in. So maybe there should be some change on the site to notify
>> that they should request access on the mailing list or something like
>> that
>
> Most project use https://github.com/rauchg/slackin to automatically issue invites. We
should do that here as well.

>>> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 5:45 PM Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to propose that we move from the IRC to Slack for IM communication
by June 1st.  This is in response to ASF moving to Slack for Infra and other channels and
spamming that has happened on the IRC over the last year.

>>> This would require that people without an apache.org email address to be invited.
 We would keep the IRC channel open after the migration to notify people of the Slack channel.