From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Make proxy.config.disable_configuration_modification always on
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 16:54:09 GMT

> On May 10, 2019, at 10:10 AM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Just to confirm, when you say "..make this behavior the only supported behavior in v9.0.0..",
are you implying to not persist dynamic config changes into records.config?

> Assuming the answer is yes, I'm +1 on the proposal to make that as the de-facto and only
behavior.

Correct. ATS would no longer have the capabilities of writing configurations back to disk.

— leif

> Thanks,
>
> Sudheer
>
> On Friday, May 10, 2019, 8:08:08 AM PDT, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I’d like to propose that we remove the configuration option proxy.config.disable_configuration_modification,
and make this behavior the only supported behavior in v9.0.0. I know of at least one user
who would appreciate this …

> Doing so, would also let us eliminate all the Rollback.cc <http://rollback.cc/>
code, and the use of that. There’s no longer a point in rolling back old versions, since
there won’t be any.