From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinuko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Removing the config proxy.config.io.max_buffer_size
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:52:59 GMT
The config `proxy.config.io.max_buffer_size` determines the default Max IOBuffer size that's
used when the caller (e.g HostDB alloc, POST request buffer) asks for a chunk of memory via
the `iobuffer_size_to_index()` or `buffer_size_to_index()` interfaces without explicitly passing
in the max IOBuffer.
This can cause issues such as https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/issues/6850 or worse
memory corruption such as https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/issues/6849
After some discussion with Leif, we think we should let callers explicitly pass in the max
buffer sizes when asking for unknown sized memory chunks (e.gĀ
proxy.config.http.max_post_size and a new configĀ
proxy.config.hostdb.max_buffer.size) and remove the hidden default max io config.

Please let us know if there are any concerns/comments.