From Lei Sun <lei....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [E] https issue
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2020 05:30:27 GMT
Hi Kit,

It didn’t work.

Do you think what I’m trying to do (dynamic hierarchical caching) possible with ATS?

Thanks,
Lei

> On Dec 7, 2020, at 11:23 PM, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok. I see. Thanks for explaining. So does my previous suggestion work then ?
>
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 3:36 AM Lei Sun <lei.sun@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kit,
>>
>> Thanks for thinking through this with me.
>>
>> Here is what I'm trying to do.
>>
>> http/https client => proxy1 (ats) => proxy2_group (parent proxy group of 100
servers) => origin

>> I would like to configure proxy1 (ats), so that it can forward all http/https requests
through proxy2_group dynamically based on intelligent rules. For example, if node1, node2
and node3 of the proxy2_group is overloaded, the lua script can then direct more % of traffic
to the other 97 nodes within the proxy2_group.

>> It's very similar to the hierarchical caching, but dynamically with lua, since we'd
literally be check hundreds of servers in real time.