From Shu Kit Chan <chanshu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed to get ts_lua working
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2020 22:40:47 GMT
A couple things to share -

1) At that time, we also wanted to be a bit lean in the
implementation. So we also asked people to use a local redis if that
satisfies their requirements. With luajit, you can integrate with a
library to interact with a local redis server through unix domain
socket and just get/set your key/value pairs accordingly .Some example
here - https://github.com/shukitchan/ats_lua_scripts/blob/master/connect_redis.lua

2) You can check out this PR for some inspiration on how to do this -
https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/1641
Although i do think that PR is actually stuffing too much in and also
can be packaged as a separate lua module instead .

Thanks.

Kit

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Lei Sun <lei.sun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shu,
>
> I'd be happy to help!
>
> I didn't do much C/C++ other than I was in school. Could you please send me a bit more
instruction on how to get it going, that would make things from impossible to possible for
me LOL.

> Cheers,
> Lei
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 1:28 PM Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The shared dict feature was using TCL (for hashtable and related
>> stuff) and we don't want to add a dependency at that time on TCL. So
>> we took that feature out when we are adding the plugin to ATS repo. I
>> think it is not that difficult to add this back in without TCL and
>> contributions are welcome :)
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 10:12 PM Lei Sun <lei.sun@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Kit,
>> >
>> > Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get this working.
>> >
>> > I saw on the documentation https://github.com/portl4t/ts-lua/wiki/Doc#tsshareddict,
that there is the ts.shared.DICT feature. However, I couldn't get it to work according to
the documentation.

>> > Could you please let me know if I'm missing something?
>> >
>> > Thanks,

and didn't see any issues loading the LUA plugin.

config string proxy.config.plugin.lua.max_states: with default [256]
[256]

it's proxy job fine, but I cannot see any logs coming out of the following LUA script.