From Lei Sun <lei....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [E] https issue
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2020 11:36:35 GMT
Hi Kit,

Thanks for thinking through this with me.

Here is what I'm trying to do.

http/https client => proxy1 (ats) => proxy2_group (parent proxy group of
100 servers) => origin

I would like to configure proxy1 (ats), so that it can forward all
http/https requests through proxy2_group dynamically based on intelligent
rules. For example, if node1, node2 and node3 of the proxy2_group is
overloaded, the lua script can then direct more % of traffic to the other
97 nodes within the proxy2_group.

It's very similar to the hierarchical caching
<https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/configuration/hierarchical-caching.en.html>,
but dynamically with lua, since we'd literally be check hundreds of servers
in real time.

I'd like to figure out how to configure the ATS, so that it can do this.

Thanks
Lei