From Nick Dunkin <Nick.Dun...@vecima.com>
Subject Question about parent.config
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:22:33 GMT
Hi all,

I wish to use parent.config to control parent selection based on path elements in the client
URL.  I know this is possible with the url_regex primary qualifier, however my question is
as follows:

The URL path element in question will be in the client request URL but will be dropped (by
a custom plugin) from the URL before the request is made to the parent.  Does anybody know
if the url_regex qualifier applies to the full original client URL,  or to the URL that is
imminently about to be pulled from the parent.  If it’s the latter and there’s anything
I can do in the custom plug-in to make this work more as I would like it, then please let
me know.

For example:

The client facing URL may be : http://my-ats.com/some-element/media/movie.m3u8

The URL actually pulled from the parent : http://your-ats.com/media/movie.m3u8

The url_regex I want to use : /some-element/

So, in summary, I wish to use a token in the client URL that would indicate which parent to
use, but that token will not be in the URL ultimately pulled from the parent.

Thank you,

Nick

Nick Dunkin
Director, Software Engineering
Manager – Architecture and New Product Introduction
o:  +1 678.258.4071
e: nick.dunkin@vecima.com<mailto:nick.dunkin@vecima.com>

[cidimage001.png@01D6CC8C.6FC5A580]