From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about parent.config
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:48:57 GMT
Indeed -- we are on 8.1, and use the cachekey plugin to affect the url
used to select parents (we ~exclusively use the consistent hash
policy). I beleive the cachekey plugin allows for both specifically
setting cachekey and/or setting the parent selection url. Presumably
the consistent hash url would be used for the url_regex selector.

miles

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:26 AM Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2021, at 11:22 AM, Nick Dunkin <Nick.Dunkin@vecima.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wish to use parent.config to control parent selection based on path elements in the
client URL.  I know this is possible with the url_regex primary qualifier, however my question
is as follows:

> The URL path element in question will be in the client request URL but will be dropped
(by a custom plugin) from the URL before the request is made to the parent.  Does anybody
know if the url_regex qualifier applies to the full original client URL,  or to the URL that
is imminently about to be pulled from the parent.  If it’s the latter and there’s anything
I can do in the custom plug-in to make this work more as I would like it, then please let
me know.

> Should be on the URL as it goes to the origin. But, I think (as of ATS 9.0.x?) that you
can use the cache_key plugin to change the effective URL that is being used for parent selection?
I haven’t tested / played with that though, John and Vijay might know?