trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Birdsall, Dave" <dave.birds...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Log4cpp question
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 23:13:38 GMT
Hi again,

Ah, I see Stack already answered my question. (I was still trying to get subscribed to the
dlist, so I didn't see the message.)

Thanks,

Dave

From: Birdsall, Dave
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:08 PM
To: 'dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org'
Subject: Log4cpp question

Hi Mentors,

A question: Trafodion at this point makes use of Log4cpp, which has a license that is not
Apache-friendly. In our incubation proposal, we stated that we plan to replace it with something
else that is Apache-friendly.

Now a question of timing: We'd like to get the code into Apache repositories as soon as possible.

Must we remove our use of Log4cpp before uploading to Apache? Or is it simply something we
must do before exiting Incubation? Or is there some other timeline requirement?

Thanks,

Dave