trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Migrating code to Apache git -- multiple repos
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 22:53:40 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Varnau, Steve (Trafodion)
<steve.varnau@hp.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I guess we can merge repos while retaining history. I just had not done so before.

I can help with that -- I've done it before.

> Is that the preferred route?

Yes.

> The mechanics for migrating the trafodion code is for a committer to push the current
code
> into the newly created repo?  (When we are ready to pull that switch.)

I'd suggest NOT involving INFRA in the mechanics of repo migration. At
this point
it is not simple enough and that will be kind of tough to communicate to ASF
INFRA.

What I suggest is this: create a brand new staging repo on GH. Merge
all the code
there. Review the result. And once it looks good do everybody just do a git push
to ASF repo.

Sounds reasonable?

Thanks,
Roman.