trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Migrating code to Apache git -- multiple repos
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 22:33:41 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Varnau, Steve (Trafodion) <
steve.varnau@hp.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I guess we can merge repos while retaining history. I just had not
> done so before.
>
> Is that the preferred route?

Generally one project, one repo, yeah.

> The mechanics for migrating the trafodion code is for a committer to push
> the current code into the newly created repo?  (When we are ready to pull
> that switch.)

I asked for a bare repo. We can go back to INFRA and ask if they can do an
import from current location preserving history. We can diagram how we want
the layout.

What is in the way of the import?

We could import with the LGPL log4cpp and unixodbc dependency for now and
then address replacing tout de suite. Ditto on move from proprietary
docbook to asciidoc.

I believe we need to do a software grant to Apache. See here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance How you
folks going to assert you own the software? And then, how to grant it to
Apache?

Thanks,
St.Ack