trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Varnau, Steve (Trafodion)" <steve.var...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Migrating code to Apache git -- multiple repos
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 21:25:31 GMT
In practice, these pieces were built/packaged somewhat separately, but tested together.  The
developers generally had areas of focus, so several people worked primarily on DCS, a couple
on install, and the majority on various parts of "core". But the permissions were such that
they were not restricted to those areas.

The releases of core and DCS were always tied together, but installer was released more frequently.
The installer also had a single branch, with the latest version supporting installation of
multiple trafodion versions.

I don't think separate repos are "required", but they have been developed this way for the
past year. So, to preserve that history, we'd need to continue that I think.  I guess I was
assuming that we are preserving history.

I actually forgot one more repo (trafodion/win-odbc), which is a windows ODBC driver. Its
change history is very small compared to the others, but it was released along with core and
DCS.

-Steve