trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Trafodion On-boarding page (in wiki)
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:02:24 GMT
Hi,

After re-reading the license agreement, I think it is prudent for every
contributor who is contributing code or documentation to have one on file.
(And I am therefore in agreement with what's suggested on the On-boarding
wiki page. This is consistent with what we required pre-Apache, by the
way.)

The alternative is that committers need to verify the legal status of
everything that is contributed. (Well, they should check this anyway. But
my point is, the entire legal burden falls on them.) For things that go in
the repository, there is a place in the workflow to verify this. For things
that go on the wiki there presently is not (other than watching it I
suppose).

For things like creating JIRAs (which are requests for contributions when
you think about it) or e-mails to the dlists, I am less concerned about
getting a license agreement as we don't release those materials.

Dave