trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Copyright rules
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:50:26 GMT
On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Dave Birdsall <dave.birdsall@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> Perfect! This is exactly the information I needed.
>
> So, presently all Trafodion files contain a Hewlett-Packard copyright. From
> the link you sent, it sounds like those should now be removed?

It is pretty explicit on what files should have in them regards copyright:

"If the source file is submitted with a copyright notice included in it,
the copyright owner (or owner's agent) must either:

   1. remove such notices, or
      2. move them to the NOTICE file associated with each applicable
      project release, or
      3. provide written permission for the ASF to make such removal or
      relocation of the notices."

Later in the doc it talks about the NOTICES file format.

As Pierre suggest, a JIRA and patch to make the change would be way to go.

St.Ack