trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Contributions not accounted since July in incubator-trafodion repo
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:42:11 GMT
Hi Selva,

I never followed up on this. Fell through the cracks. Is there anything you
want me to do?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Selva Govindarajan [mailto:selva.govindarajan@esgyn.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:43 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Contributions not accounted since July in incubator-trafodion repo

Below is the message from Jamie when I reported the above issue to ASF.
However, gselva@dev02.trafodion.org is not a valid email.  It looks like I
missed setting global conf in github to set the user name and the correct
email address. I have corrected this and I believe that it would take care
of future contributions going forward.  For the past commits, I came across
a solution to change the author name
https://help.github.com/articles/changing-author-info

However, I am unable to push the corrected tags because I don’t have the
write permission.  Can  one of the committers please do it for me. The
script needed to change the author name is given below.

Also, is it needed to set up the global setting every time I create a
workspace on a new system ?

#!/bin/sh

git filter-branch --env-filter '

OLD_EMAIL="gselva@dev02.trafodion.org"

CORRECT_NAME="selvaganesang"

CORRECT_EMAIL="selva.govindarajan@esgyn.com"

if [ "$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL" = "$OLD_EMAIL" ]

then

    export GIT_COMMITTER_NAME="$CORRECT_NAME"

    export GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL="$CORRECT_EMAIL"

fi

if [ "$GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL" = "$OLD_EMAIL" ]

then

    export GIT_AUTHOR_NAME="$CORRECT_NAME"

    export GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL="$CORRECT_EMAIL"

fi

' --tag-name-filter cat -- --branches –tags’

End of script – Do not include this line.