trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Subbiah <suresh.subbia...@gmail.com>
Subject Import of LP bugs into JIRA
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 21:56:34 GMT
Hi,

I am going through my JIRA issues and noticed two discrepancies.

1) For an imported issue in JIRA we do not have the conversation history
that is present in LaunchPad. Please consider this example
https://bugs.launchpad.net/trafodion/+bug/1329361 corresponds to JIRA-375
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-375
The extensive conversation history in the LaunchPad bug is not captured in
JIRA. I could find a way to cut and paste for the issues I own, but am
wondering if should attempt a more systematic approach. My apologies if
this problem has already been discussed.

2) For imported issues in JIRA, LaunchPad status of FixCommitted or
FixReleased maps to Status = OPEN and Resolution = Unresolved in JIRA
Previous example or https://bugs.launchpad.net/trafodion/+bug/1426605 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-1027) can be used as
instances of this discrepancy.

The net result is that we have far too many open issues in JIRA than in
reality. I am wondering if we should each take care of the issues assigned
to us and then somehow divide the common pool or if this can be achieved
programmatically or with some kind of script?

Not being aware of how many actual issues I have assigned to me is somewhat
unsettling.

Thanks for your advice
Suresh