trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: installer: ERROR (line 1): Unknown statement 0;node-name=node1;cores=;processors=1;roles=connection,aggregation,storage .
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:31:57 GMT
Hi Radu, yes, it looks at only one node. Generally, we don't recommend
clusters made from different hardware. But, in practice, that may not
always be avoidable (e.g. when I have older 6-core CPUs and the currently
available servers I can buy all have 8 cores). Ideally, I would repurpose
the existing hardware and get a homogeneous set of nodes for the upgraded
cluster.

As far as I know, the number of cores is just used as a guideline.
Therefore, you could have a cluster with a mix of hardware configurations
and it should still work, as long as the nodes are fairly similar.
Performance of such a cluster may not be optimal, though.

I hope others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hans